We’ve completed the judging for Round 91 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prize-winning authors are:
He will receive:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (a $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
He will receive:
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- An assortment of products along with a one-hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
Third prize is awarded to E.P. for his article Making Dosa – Indian Fermented Bread. He will receive:
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Editor’s Choice Award:
We had a bit of a quandary when judging Round 91. Two of the best articles submitted in Round 91 came from a writer who had won one of our top three prizes just 11 months ago. That made him ineligible to win any of the top three prizes until Round 92 of the writing contest. So we decided to present a first-ever Editor’s Choice Award. That prize a transferable $400 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, good toward the purchase of any of our pre-1899 antique guns. He in fact has already selected a S&W top-break .38 revolver, and it was just mailed to him late last week. Congrats to St. Funogas, the author of these two Editor’s Choice articles:
- How to Make Wooden Mason Jar Crates, which ran in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2, on October 24th and 25th, 2020, and,
- Seed Saving Tips, which and in three parts: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, on November 20th, 21st, and 22nd 2020.
Honorable Mention Prizes:
The Honorable Mention prize winners will each receive $30 Amazon.com gift cards. The five Honorable Mention prize-winning articles are:
Round 92 ends on January 31, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.